Holiday Shopping Tips and Tricks
The holidays are the busiest shopping times of the year and it can be a real hassle, but that’s not news to you. However, we do have a few tips to help you successfully get through the busy holiday shopping season without pulling your hair out.
- We, of course, are big fans of doing all of your shopping online but if you prefer to hit the malls and brick and mortar stores, there are better times than others.
- Midweek, morning/early afternoon – If you work from home or work evenings or weekends, this is easy, but if you have a Monday through Friday 9 to 5 job it’s impossible. If you have enough vacation days or sick days it may not hurt to take a mental health day to go crazy hitting the stores to do your shopping to avoid the crowds and lines.
- Midweek, dinner time is another great time to hit the malls and stores because most people go home having dinner or if they are at the mall they are in the food court or a restaurant eating. Grab a snack to tide you over and hit the stores during dinner time and things will be less crowded.
- Shop early! Early in the season that is. If you do your holiday shopping in stores before Thanksgiving you will not usually find any more than the usual weekend crowds in stores and malls.
- Email Notifications! We all want to save money and there is an easy and simple way to do it when shopping online. Sign up to be on the email lists of your favorite places to shop online and you will get email notifications whenever they are having sales and deals. Sure, a ton of marketing emails in your inbox can get a little annoying, but after the holiday season you will know which stores you really do shop at and which you don’t so you can unsubscribe to those that you don’t.
- Shop Around – When you are looking to make a purchase of that perfect holiday gift online, it is always a good idea to shop around to find the best prices and the best coupons and offers. It may take a little time to do so but it often really pays off.
- FREE SHIPPING! Many online stores offer periods of FREE SHIPPING when shopping online in the months leading up to the holidays. Check back with the stores often and sign up for those marketing emails that we mentioned earlier to stay on top of who is shipping for free and when.
- Check your mailbox. Often times, when stores send out marketing flyers, postcards, and magazines/catalogs they include coupons and most of those coupons have codes that allow them to be redeemed online! So when you are heading to the computer to do your holiday shopping for him, her, the kids, grandma, a coworker, whoever…check those mailboxes, too. Not everything that happens online has to come from online, you know.
Copyright © 2013 EzCouponSearch.com – Any reproduction, retransmission, or republication of all or part of this blog post is expressly prohibited.